Monday, November 3, 2008

What Has My Big Mouth Gotten Me Into This Time?

Sometimes, I really need to remember that when I say something, not only are people actually listening, but said people will hold me to what I say 99% of the time.

Which leads me to tonight's...situation.

You'll hear the comment in this week's Pitchfork Podcast tomorrow but I might as well let you all know now, so you can prepare yourselves for the potential carnage.

During my appearance with Todd and Brett on The Blaze 1260 AM tonight, the guys asked me if this Saturday, in fact, would be the day that the Sun Devils finally get off their slide and win their 3rd game of the season.

And I was apparently so confident about it, I said that I'd run across the ASU campus (specifically down Palm Walk) in my skivvies if the Sun Devils were to actually suffer a loss to the Washington Huskies. The 0-8 Washington Huskies, who have been outscored 89-7 in their last two outings.

Here's the rub: Todd and Brett, two guys whom I know very well, will not let me chicken out of this.

So the gauntlet has been thrown. ASU plays Washington in Seattle at 5:00 PM on Saturday. If the Devils suffer an unthinkable loss to the Huskies and LDCTW (Lame duck coach Ty Willingham), I'll dash the length of Palm Walk. Better yet, to sweeten the deal, I'll even donate my clothes to a local charity. We're just those kind of people here at PFN.

No, not ones that enjoy making asses out of ourselves. I know you were thinking it. I'm talking about the part where I'm kindhearted.

I do need suggestions to where to donate though, so leave a comment with some ideas should the unthinkable happen.

And get some sunglasses. If this comes to fruition, the loss and I will be unbearable to look at.

No comments: