Sunday, October 26, 2008

Atrocious

You know all those times over the last few weeks where I said that I didn't have a whole lot to say about an ASU loss but then would go on for about 12 paragraphs about said ASU loss?

This time, I'm really out of words. If you were there, you saw it.

In the morning, I'll have something insightful to say.

But for now, I'm going to go to sleep and pray that when I close my eyes, I wont see LeGarrette Blount running by me. Again.

54-20. Wow. If you'll remember, this is what I posted on September 28, the day after our Devils lost to Georgia:

"The consequences of losing (to Cal) are obvious. The Devils drop to under .500 and will most likely have zero belief that they can go into the Coliseum and knock off an all-of-a-sudden vulnerable (maybe? maybe not?) USC team. Plus, after USC, Oregon comes to town, a program while very much different on paper in 2008 yet the Sun Devils have been unable to beat since 2004. That brings about the possibility of the Sun Devils being 2-5.

2-5.

Gulp."

Hate to toot my own horn, but I was right. Welcome to the Devils first five-game losing streak since 2001.

In short, we all were optimistic that the Sun Devils were a mediocre team. We were wrong. Sadly, sadly wrong. Mediocre is giving the 2008 Devils too much credit.

No comments: