Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catching Up After Entering the Real World

When I started this blog about a year ago, I was entering my fifth and final year as a Sun Devil. Since then, I have graduated and moved back home to Yorba Linda, California, and have gotten a real job working at a newspaper (sales, not editorial). This means I'm in the office usually from around 8 to 5 and miss breaking news on such things as SI naming ASU the #1 sports program for 2007-2008, and Robert James signing his NFL contract.

I've had great help from a few friends this year, mainly JKarp, TJ, and our graphic artist/guest ranter Nicholas D. Saia (USA). We're still updating when we can, but we definitely need help where we can get it. So if you hear of a breaking story or see something directly (like Carpenter getting in the O'Brien list) or indirectly (like a U of A player deciding he doesn't want to pass his exams and instead play in Italy or Lute Olson "allegedly" stealing his wife's assests) related to ASU, just send an email and we'll comment on it as soon as possible. I mean, I could just click on Sparky's Pigskin every day and regurgitate stories I see on there, but I think you would catch on.

I know there's some of you that click to this page every day, and I want the content to be fresh so you continue to come back. This is not meant to be my personal page at all, I want it to be as informative as possible, while giving credit for story tips. So in saying all that, if you have any recommendations, original ideas, want to contribute to the site, or just want to talk college football, leave a comment or send me an email at pitchforknation@gmail.com. Even though I would love to be living in Tempe (well, maybe from October to May), I still want to keep this page going and be relevant. So I hope to hear from you soon.

- Mark Rafferty
ASU Class of '08

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to Yorba Linda where it is almost as hot as Arizona. I assume your working at the OC R. Stop by www.landofgraciousliving.com and say hi